Why work with us?
We are a strong local company offering world-class products and services
- You will have an opportunity to participate in training and growth opportunities
- We support a healthy and balanced lifestyle
- You will receive very competitive wages
If you are passionate about working with people, are inspired by new learning opportunities and making a contribution to improving our business, then we are interested in hearing from you!
Customer Support Technician
To provide a high-quality customer experience by delivering exceptional service and technical support
Reports to: IT & Support Manager
- Respond effectively to customer inquiries.
- Provide courteous and effective technical assistance.
- Promote Bruce Telecom products & services.
- Work efficiently to shorten average call time, which will shorten wait times in the queue.
- Meet departmental metrics for performance and quality.
- Initiate service orders and coordinate with various departments when required.
- When reporting data and maintaining records, input accurate and complete information using
the tools and systems provided.
- Take responsibility for issues and follow up/escalate accordingly.
- Provide specialized input as required for process improvements, & reducing repeat occurrences.
- Maintain and update various online and printed product information and manuals.
- Develop and maintain technical tips and procedures for departmental use as required.
- Complete other duties as required.
Minimum Education Requirements:
Post-Secondary education in computer technology or equivalent experience
Experience in customer service/telemarketing
Qualifications & Skills:
Must have exceptional customer relationship skills
Effective troubleshooting ability
Possess strong conflict management skills
Proven skills in teamwork
Must be able to multi-task effectively
Excellent communication skills
Must be comfortable with learning and using new technology
Valid Driver’s License
Working in an office environment
Working in a retail location
Using the telephone to communicate with customers
Communication with other departments
Considerable time spent on the computer
Work at administration center or other work location
Work with computers and network equipment
Hours of Work & Classification:
40 Hours per week
If interested in this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by
Friday, April 9th, 2021.
The Communications Technician is responsible for the installation, maintenance and repair of telecommunication equipment and facilities for any Bruce Telecom customer.
Reports to: Manager of Operations
- Install Bruce Telecom services as requested by the customer through the Service Order
and Trouble Ticket Systems.
- Pre-wire residential and commercial buildings as requested by Bruce Telecom customers.
- Install, change, remove and test Bruce Telecom customer services.
- Promote all Bruce Telecom services while interacting with Bruce Telecom customers.
- Input relevant information about work performed on service orders or work orders and
report completed service orders to the Dispatcher.
- Maintain accurate customer records when changes or modifications are required.
- Determine, locate and fix reported service interruptions and report results back to the
- Train fellow employees as required.
- Engineer and design Telco systems at customer premises as required.
- Maintain professionalism while interacting with Bruce Telecom customers and staff.
- Ensure that all company property including vehicles, plant facilities and buildings are
properly maintained, stored and secured to prevent theft, damage or personal injury.
- Responsible for working in compliance with all company Health and Safety policies,
procedures, and safe work practices.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Manager.
Minimum Academic/Educational Requirements:
Post-Secondary Diploma in Electronics or Telecommunications an asset
Applicants with equivalent experience will be considered
Required Qualifications/Skills and Experience:
Two years’ experience in a similar role or in the telecommunications industry
Valid Class G Driver’s License
Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Relationship building skills
Possess good decision-making skills
Well-developed conflict management skills
Ability to manage multiple priorities
Inside and outside work in various weather conditions throughout the seasons
Exposure to hazards resulting from use of electrical, electronic, mechanical equipment (machines and tools), power equipment, chemicals, gases, etc.
May require working at heights
Repeated bending, squatting, stooping
Prolonged standing and walking
Climbing ladders, scaffolding
Pushing and pulling movements
Lifting weights up to 50lbs
Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks
Potential for an increased stress level
Hours of Work:
40 Hours per Week
If Interested in this opportunity please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by
April 7, 2021