Why work with us?
We are a strong local company offering world-class products and services
- You will have an opportunity to participate in training and growth opportunities
- We support a healthy and balanced lifestyle
- You will receive very competitive wages
If you are passionate about working with people, are inspired by new learning opportunities and making a contribution to improving our business, then we are interested in hearing from you!
Customer Support Technician – Part Time
To provide a high-quality customer experience by delivering exceptional service and technical support
Reports to: IT & Support Manager
- Respond effectively to customer inquiries.
- Provide courteous and effective technical assistance.
- Promote Bruce Telecom products & services.
- Meet departmental metrics for performance and quality.
- Initiate service orders and coordinate with various departments when required.
- When reporting data and maintaining records, input accurate and complete information using
the tools and systems provided.
- Take responsibility for issues and follow up/escalate accordingly.
- Provide specialized input as required for process improvements, & reducing repeat
- Maintain and update various online and printed product information and manuals.
- Develop and maintain technical tips and procedures for departmental use as required.
- Complete other duties as required.
Minimum Education Requirements:
Post-Secondary education in computer technology or equivalent experience
Experience in customer service
Qualifications & Skills:
Must have exceptional customer relationship skills
Effective troubleshooting ability
Possess strong conflict management skills
Proven skills in teamwork
Must be able to multi-task effectively
Excellent communication skills
Must be comfortable with learning and using new technology
Valid Driver’s License
Working in an office environment and retail location
Using the telephone to communicate with customers
Communication with other departments
Considerable time spent on the computer
Hours of Work & Classification:
25 Hours per week
If interested in this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Network Administrator is a member of the Network Team, working to maintain the
operational status of the Bruce Telecom Network, install new services and assist with corporate
and residential customer support.
Reports to: Network Manager
- Monitor and maintain the existing network infrastructure on a daily basis.
- Document and respond to system alarms.
- Install and configure new services and equipment.
- Operation, maintenance and retirement of legacy systems.
- Monitor and process service orders and trouble tickets.
- Provide Tier II support for Customer Support Group.
- Evaluate network topology design on an ongoing basis and provide analysis and
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Manager.
Minimum Academic/Educational Requirements:
Post-Secondary education in Electronic Technology, Telecommunications, Computer Science or
JNCIA/CCNA certification or equivalent would be considered an asset
Valid Ontario Driver’s License
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
5 – 8 years experience in a networking job function is necessary to gain the required skills to be
successful in this role
Extensive knowledge of TCP/IP networks, with a strong background in Routing, VOIP and
Knowledge and experience with Digital Switched Services (IE: DS1/DS3) and
Optical Carrier/SONET(IE: OC-48)
Juniper and/or Cisco hardware experience
Experience with Metaswitch or other softswitch platforms in a carrier environment
Technical Skills Considered an Asset:
Experience with servers and virtual machines utilizing UNIX, Linux, Microsoft Windows
Experience with EWSD or other Class 5 switching platform
Experience with AFC and Alcatel legacy networks
Knowledge and experience in Electrical Power Systems
Strong communication skills
Proven problem solving and troubleshooting skills
Strong skillset in priority management
Ability to work in a team environment
Primarily in an office environment
Ability to travel to other equipment office locations as required
Time shifting of normal work hours may be required
Participate in the on call schedule
Required to sit for long periods of time, potential ergonomic hazards
Considerable time on a computer using a mouse and keyboard
Exposure to elevated noise levels in machine rooms
Outdoor work in inclement conditions may be required
Ability to lift up to 50lbs
Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks
Ability to work under pressure during system outages
Ability to communicate professionally with suppliers and customers
Hours of Work:
40 Hours per Week
If interested in this opportunity please submit your resume to email@example.com