Why work with us?
We are a strong local company offering world-class products and services
- You will have an opportunity to participate in training and growth opportunities
- We support a healthy and balanced lifestyle
- You will receive very competitive wages
If you are passionate about working with people, are inspired by new learning opportunities and making a contribution to improving our business, then we are interested in hearing from you!
Customer Support Technician
To provide a high-quality customer experience by delivering exceptional service and technical support for customers.
Reports to: IT & Support Manager
- Respond effectively to customer inquiries.
- Provide courteous and effective technical assistance.
- Promote Bruce Telecom products & services.
- Work efficiently to shorten average call time, which will shorten wait times in the queue.
- Meet departmental metrics for performance and quality.
- Initiate service orders and coordinate with various departments when required.
- When reporting data and maintaining records, input accurate and complete information using the tools and systems provided.
- Take responsibility for issues and follow-up / escalate accordingly.
- Provide specialized input as required for process improvements, & reducing repeat occurrences.
- Maintain and update various online and printed product information and manuals.
- Develop and maintain technical tips and procedures for departmental use as required.
- Complete other duties as required.
Minimum Education Requirements:
Post-Secondary education in computer technology or equivalent experience
Experience in customer service/telemarketing
Qualifications & Skills:
Must have exceptional customer relationship skills
Effective troubleshooting ability
Possess strong conflict management skills
Proven skills in teamwork
Must be able to multi-task effectively
Excellent communication skills
Must be comfortable with learning and using new technology
Valid Driver’s License
Working in an office environment
Working in a retail location
Using the telephone to communicate with customers
Communication with other departments
Considerable time spent on the computer
Work at administration center or other work location
Work with computers and network equipment
25 Hours per week
If interested in this opportunity please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To lead a diverse team focusing on Field Operations related to installation and maintenance of Telephone,Internet and IPTV Services with the goal of ensuring outstanding customer service, exceeding performance targets and ensuring optimal efficiencies in all processes.
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
- Align departmental planning to meet key business initiatives
• Understand the company strategy and how it relates to the Field Services and Plant group
• Turn concepts and ideas into actionable tasks
• Contribute to the business and resource planning process
• Communicate business plan and strategy to direct reports
• Identify, report and mitigate business risks
- Manage People and Performance
• Ensure direct reports understand safe work practices and oversee that they work safely
• Communicate expectations with direct reports
• Work with the team to troubleshoot areas of concern and assist with eliminating road blocks
• Participate in recruiting and inducting staff who are able to meet the role expectations
• Ensure policies and procedures are followed and standards of performance are met
• Set challenging performance expectations and hold staff to account for delivering them
• Conduct regular performance discussions to review progress and create development plans
• Provide regular coaching opportunities
• Assist with removing barriers to performance and initiate cross functional team development
- Demonstrate Leadership
• Advocate and maintain excellence in all work, demonstrate continuous improvement and development
• Demonstrate the vision and values of the organization
• Set clear expectations of behavior and conduct
• Open to receiving ideas and feedback from others that may challenge views and alter self-awareness of own personal
• Maintain technical/functional skills, knowledge and abilities while focusing on developing increased managerial leadership strength
• Uphold leadership and management accountabilities that result in the induction, performance management, learning and development of staff capability
- Deliver Results
• Ensure that the Installation/Repair and Plant Clerk groups deliver the expected results
• Proactively plan to eliminate obstacles that prevent delivery of results
• Address issues that create barriers promptly
- Lead Change
• Contribute to continuous improvement of business processes, systems, policies and services
• Understand, involve others, and communicate the need for change
• Develop a change plan and involve others in executing and delivering the change effectively
Minimum Academic/Educational Requirements:
Post-Secondary education in Telecommunications or Management
A combination of education and relevant work experience may also be considered
Required Qualifications/Skills and Experience:
5+ years in a Leadership role
Previous experience as an Installation & Repair Technician would be considered an asset
Knowledge of Telecommunications Plant facilities
Strong leadership and accountability skills
Effective organizational and communication skills
Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Well-developed decision making and problem-solving skills
Ability to coach others, set expectations and drive performance
Exceptional time management to prioritize activities
Varied – Office and Field environments
Using the telephone to communicate with customers
Communication with other departments and managers
Time spent on the computer using a mouse and keyboard
Travel to job locations, field visits
Communication using the telephone
Considerable time spent sitting at a work station
Ability to handle and prioritize changing workloads
Ability to deal with stressful situations and customers
Increased customer demands during peak hours
Ability to work and connect with different people and different work styles
Hours of Work:
40 Hours per Week /
Salary Position – Hours may vary with business requirements
Participate in Duty Manager On-Call rotation
If interested in this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com