Connecting our Community – now more than ever
Bruce Telecom is closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and we have adapted our business to ensure the safety of our staff, our customers, and our community. Here is an update on how we have approached this situation:
- We are focused on maintaining our service levels to customers while ensuring the safety of our employees and customers. We have implemented the following measures:
- All employees who can work from home are doing so.
- We have introduced extra cleaning and disinfecting measures in our workplaces.
- Any employee who is unwell is being asked to stay at home, and any who are directed under health authority guidelines to remain at home are doing so.
- We are providing contactless delivery and pick-up of equipment.
- If a home visit is required, we ask appropriate screening questions and technicians have been supplied with sanitizing solution, gloves, and face masks. Direct contact with customers is not required.
As your local communications provider, we value the trust you have placed in us to keep you connected to the things that matter the most to you. Our network is fully redundant and we have increased our capacity to ensure our customer’s experience does not change with surges in demand.
As we all navigate this challenging situation together Bruce Telecom is here to support our customers in several was:
- Unlimited internet with no overage charges or other measures that limit online activity.
- Turbo Hub customers have had an additional 10GB added to their data plans and overages above that will be waived up to a maximum of $500.
- Roaming charges for cellular customers between March 16 and April 30, 2020 will be credited.
- Together with our programming partners, we are providing many TV channels on free preview.
- Here is a list of current free previews.
Supporting our communities remains a top priority for everyone at Bruce Telecom. We are doing our small part to support local businesses and front-line workers during this difficult time:
- We are supporting local restaurants to provide lunch for essential workers in our local hospitals
- We continued our financial commitment to Bluesfest (which was regrettably cancelled) to ensure our donation was available for the local groups that were counting on it.
- Investments in our local medical establishments, service clubs, community groups, and events will remain.
Connect With Us
Our stores remain closed at this time but we still here to help you with any of your needs. We encourage you to sign up for a Bruce Telecom Smarthub account, which allows you to easily view your bill, make payments, or request changes to your account. Sign up here.
If you have any questions, we are available by calling 519-368-2000 or toll free 1-866-517-2000. Our hours of operation are:
- Customer Care: Monday to Friday 9:00 am – 6:00 pm and Saturday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Technical Support: Monday to Friday 8:00 am – 8:30 pm and weekends 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
You can also find answers to many Frequently Asked Questions in our Support Topics.
Thank you for allowing Bruce Telecom to be your trusted communications provider. We appreciate your continued support and will keep working hard to provide the level of service you have come to expect from us.
President & CEO
How to Stay Updated on the COVID-19 Outbreak
Ontario Centre for Disease Control: