How to get the most out of your service
• Use your phone’s messaging features to communicate, such as text messaging (SMS), email, instant messaging (IM), and multimedia messaging (MMS).
• Explore your phone’s notification settings and choose from a variety of audio and vibrating alerts.
• Communicate in sign language using a video calling app such as FaceTime, or Video Relay Service (VRS), which uses an interpreter. Bruce Telecom customers can use VRS without paying data charges.
• Turn on closed captioning when watching video on your device.
• Many cell phones have a TTY mode. Depending on the phone, it may have built-in TTY software, or allow you to connect the phone to an external TTY device, or both.
|Find the phone that’s right for you |
Bruce Telecom offers a large line-up of smartphones with built-in accessibility features. You can find phones that meet your unique needs by selecting the features that are important to you.
Visit our line-up of accessible phones
|National Do Not Call List|
Reduce unwanted telemarketing calls by registering your phone number on the National Do Not Call List. Ways to register:
• Online at www.LNNTE-DNCL.gc.ca
• By phone at 1 866 580- DNCL (3625)
• Via TTY device at 1 888 362-5889
• By faxing your fax number to 1 888 362-5329
There is no charge to register your number(s) on the National Do Not Call List.
Your number(s) will remain on the National Do Not Call List indefinitely.
|Call Display |
See the caller’s name or phone number before you answer or in case you miss a call. Call Display is already included in most rate plans. If you’re not subscribed, please contact our Customer Care Team to find out pricing and have it added to your service at 1-866-517-2000 option 2.
|Voicemail to Text |
Voicemail to Text transcribes incoming voicemail into text messages (SMS) and delivers them to your cellular phone so you can quickly read your voicemail when you’re busy or unable to dial in. The feature can convert messages in English or French.
If you’re not subscribed, please contact our Customer Care Team to find out pricing and have it added to your service at 1-866-517-2000 option 2.
|Text with 9-1-1 (T9-1-1) |
This service allows deaf, hard of hearing or speech-impaired persons to communicate with 9-1-1 call centres using text messaging (SMS).
More about and to register for Text with 9-1-1
|Self serve with MyBell|
Manage your cellular services online with MyBell. Take care of tasks such as reviewing bills and checking usage. You can access MyBell by downloading the app to your device or through a web browser.
Register for MyBell
Log in to MyBell
|Relay service |
This service lets people with hearing or speech disabilities communicate with hearing persons by phone with the help of trained operators.
|Video Relay Service |
This service lets people with hearing or speech disabilities to communicate with hearing people by phone with the help of a sign language interpreter over video.
Canada Video Relay Service
Register for Video Relay Service
|Bell IP Relay |
This service lets people with hearing or speech disabilities communicate with hearing persons through a web-enabled computer and with the help of trained operators.
More about and to register for Bell IP Relay
If eligible, operators can place local calls and navigate Interactive Voice Response (IVR) systems for you, free of charge. The surcharge for operator-assisted long distance calls is also waived.