For a printable PDF of our Digital TV User Guide, please click here
If you would like to set up a series recording, you can do so by using one of the following methods:
- If the program will air in the future: Find the program in the guide, and highlight it using the arrow buttons on your remote control. Once you have highlighted the program, press the OK button on the remote. This will open a menu on the screen with several options, including Record Series. Navigate to the Record Series option using the Up and Down arrows on the remote control, and then select it using the Ok button.
- If you are currently watching a live episode: If you are in the middle of a live episode of the series you would like to record, simply press the Ok button on the remote control to open an options menu, then select Record Series by navigating to that option using the Up and Down arrows on the remote and then pressing Ok.
If you are seeing this message when powering on your Set Top Box, most likely the device is connected to the wrong Ethernet port on your modem (if you are a DSL customer).
Please ensure that the set top box has been connected via Ethernet to one of the ports labeled ETH 2, 3 or 4 on the Comtrend modem, and then reboot. If you are still experiencing this issue after following the steps above – or are using a fiber optic connection – please contact our technical support desk for further assistance.
If you are seeing the “Video Signal Blocked” message, this means that you have attempted to tune into a channel for which you are not subscribed. To resolve this, please follow these steps:
- On the remote control for the Bruce Telecom receiver, press the “STB” button once, then press the guide button to open the television guide.
- Check what filter is applied to the guide. This information is located directly above the date in the guide, and will say one of the following: All, Subscribed, HD, SD, or Favorites.
- Press the Guide button repeatedly until you have changed the filter to Subscribed. This will allow you to once again tune into all your subscribed channels.
*The guide may close while cycling through the different filter options. If this occurs, simply press the Guide button again to re-open the guide and continue changing filter options.*
The remote control provided with your Bruce Telecom receiver is capable of controlling most common television sets, but will need to be programmed to the specific brand you are using. To do so, please follow these steps:
- Turn on the cable receiver using the Bruce Telecom remote control. To do this, press the STB button once, then press the blue Power button.
- Turn on your television, either using the remote control that came with it, or the power button located on the television itself.
- Press and hold the Setup button on the Bruce Telecom remote, until you see a red light blink twice on the remote.
- Press the TV button once.
- Point the remote at your television. Press and hold the OK button, and release once your television set turns off. This can take anywhere from 5 seconds to 3 minutes.
- Once your television set turns off, release the OK button.
- Wait 10 seconds, and then press the blue Power button on the remote control. Your television set should turn back on.
- Press the STB button once, then press the blue Power button. The remote should now turn both your television set, and the Bruce Telecom receiver, off. Press the button again to turn both devices back on.
If you have followed these steps, and are still unable to program the remote control to operate your television set, please call our technical support line for further assistance.
If you are only able to tune into Standard Definition (SD) channels and no High Definition (HD) channels – and vice versa – this is usually a quick fix.
- On the remote control for the Bruce Telecom receiver, press the “STB” button once, then press the guide button to open the television guide
- Check what filter is applied to the guide. This information is located directly above the date in the guide, and will say one of the following: All, Subscribed, HD, SD, or Favourites
- Press the Guide button repeatedly until you have changed the filter to Subscribed. This will allow you to once again tune into all your subscribed channels
NOTE: The guide may close while cycling through the different filter options. If this occurs, simply press the Guide button again to re-open the guide and continue changing filter options.
This is not a message or warning that our television receivers provide. Most likely this is a default message that your TV displays when it does not detect a video signal on the selected input setting. To resolve this:
Inspect the television receiver Bruce Telecom provided. If there are no lights active on it at all, please ensure that it is connected to a power source. Should you find that the receiver is connected to a power source, but still does not have any LED’s active, please call our technical support line.
If the LED on the receiver is on but is lighting up red: This indicates that the receiver is in standby mode and needs to be turned on in order to provide a video signal to your television. To do so, please press the “STB” button on the remote control, then press the blue “Power” button located at the top of the remote. If done correctly, the red light on the receiver should turn blue to indicate it is now active.
In the event that the LED on the receiver is lit up blue, and your television is still displaying the message: Try the various input/video source options on your television set. To do this using the remote control Bruce Telecom provides, follow these steps:
- Press the “TV” button located near the top of the remote control
- Press the “TV INPUT” button located at the top left corner of the remote control. This should either open up your televisions Input/Source selection menu, or change to the next available input setting
- Try each input option available until you find the one the cable receiver is connected to
- Press the “STB” key on the remote control when done.
Should your television still be displaying the same message after completing the steps above, try rebooting the Bruce Telecom television receiver. You can do this by unplugging the power cord from the rear of the unit for ten seconds, and then reconnecting. Alternatively you can press and hold the power button on the front of the receiver for 5-10 seconds until it begins to flash steadily.
If you are unsure of what input/source the television receiver is connected to, or are still seeing the message after trying the above steps, please call our technical support line for further assistance.