Increase the security and convenience of your telephone service. With a safety line you can call another telephone number simply by lifting the receiver.
When requesting a safety line you need to tell the customer service representative what phone number you would like to be automatically dialled without having to dial. This number will be called whenever you lift the receiver and do not dial another number within 16 seconds.
The predesignated number can be changed at any time by calling a customer care representative. There is an admin charge of $20.75 per requested change.
Selective Call Acceptance/Rejection (Call Screen)
Selective Call Acceptance allows you to define a list of calling numbers that will be accepted. All other incoming calls will be rejected and receive an announcement that the called party is not presently accepting calls.
- To activate or deactivate Selective Call Acceptance dial *63 and follow the recorded instructions
Selective Call Rejection allows you to define a list of numbers that will be blocked. An incoming call from this list is rerouted to a recorded message and your phone does not ring.
- To Activate or Deactivate Selective Call Rejection dial *60 and follow the recorded instructions.
Call Display Blocking Per Call
This is automatically provided free of charge and is used to prevent your telephone number from appearing to the person you are calling.
- Dial *67 directly before dialling your call.
- Does not work if calling emergency services or calling from an 1-800 or other toll-free number. We cannot guarantee it will work if calling outside of Canada.
Allows you have calls received to your phone number forwarded to an alternate phone number.
- Dial *72. You’ll hear a special dial tone. Enter the number you want your calls forwarded to.
- To Deactivate dial *73. You’ll hear two beeps to indicate your calls will no longer be forwarded.