How do I program the Bruce Telecom remote control for my television set?
The remote control provided with your Bruce Telecom receiver is capable of controlling most common television sets, but will need to be programmed to the specific brand you are using. To do so, please follow these steps:
- Turn on the cable receiver using the Bruce Telecom remote control. To do this, press the STB button once, then press the blue Power button.
- Turn on your television, either using the remote control that came with it, or the power button located on the television itself.
- Press and hold the Setup button on the Bruce Telecom remote, until you see a red light blink twice on the remote.
- Press the TV button once.
- Point the remote at your television. Press and hold the OK button, and release once your television set turns off. This can take anywhere from 5 seconds to 3 minutes.
- Once your television set turns off, release the OK button.
- Wait 10 seconds, and then press the blue Power button on the remote control. Your television set should turn back on.
- Press the STB button once, then press the blue Power button. The remote should now turn both your television set, and the Bruce Telecom receiver, off. Press the button again to turn both devices back on.
If you have followed these steps, and are still unable to program the remote control to operate your television set, please call our technical support line for further assistance.