How to get the most out of your service
• Adjust display settings such as fonts, colours, brightness, and contrast ratios to personalize your phone. Assign speed dial to contacts and create a shortcut to the accessibility menu.
• Explore your phone’s notification settings and choose from a variety of audio and vibrating alerts.
• Use voice commands to perform a variety of tasks. Make calls, browse the Internet, send message, and more.
• Access you phone using a touch-controlled screen reader.
|Find the phone that’s right for you
Bruce Telecom offers a large line-up of smartphones with built-in accessibility features. You can find phones that meet your unique needs by selecting the features that are important to you.
Visit our line-up of accessible phones
If eligible, operators can place local calls and navigate Interactive Voice Response (IVR) systems for you, free of charge. The surcharge for operator-assisted long distance calls is also waived.
|Free directory assistance
If you’re unable to use the directory and you’re eligible, you’ll be exempt from paying local and long distance charges for Directory Assistance and Automatic Directory Assistance Call Completion.
Upon request, you can get your bills and certain other documents in Braille, large print, audio CD or eText CD.
|National Do Not Call List
Reduce unwanted telemarketing calls by registering your phone number on the National Do Not Call List. Ways to register:
• Online at www.LNNTE-DNCL.gc.ca
• By phone at 1 866 580- DNCL (3625)
• Via TTY device at 1 888 362-5889
• By faxing your fax number to 1 888 362-5329
There is no charge to register your number(s) on the National Do Not Call List.
Your number(s) will remain on the National Do Not Call List indefinitely.
This service lets people with hearing or speech disabilities communicate with hearing persons by phone with the help of trained operators.
|Enhanced 9-1-1 (e9-1-1)
If you need to call 9-1-1 from your cellular phone, your device can provide emergency operators with your cellular phone number and location information.
More about e9-1-1
Make a call by simply speaking the name or number of the person you want to reach. Available on a large selection of cellular phones and smartphones.